Thursday, August 25, 2011

Flower Power

To go along with all of the crafting I have been doing lately, I decided my front door needed something new.  I wasn't quite ready to break out my fall stuff, so I thought I would make a flower that could go from summer into fall.  I got the idea from here and then I adjusted it a bit with what I had or could get from Wal-Mart.

So...since our Wal-Mart is awesome and always never has everything you are looking for, I had to use what they had.  Here is what I used:
I had to use a heavy fabric instead of felt.  It worked okay, but I suggest spraying it with heavy starch before you start.  For the circle, I just used some cardboard that we had around the house.  Instead of coffee beans, I used clear gem things that I found in the clearance isle at Wal-Mart.

The finished product:

3 comments:

  1. ummm - that is ADORABLE!!
    i'll take one, whatever the price. my front door says thank you!! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cassie!! I would be happy to make you one! What colors would you like?

    ReplyDelete