Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Out With the Old...

...In with the new!

During the winter, we decided that it was time to get new windows in our house.  There was a huge draft coming in and we couldn't take it anymore.  Then, after some thinking, we decided it was time for a new roof as well.  And of course, why not build a garage while we're at it!  So, we got some bids, got a loan, and started building.

The garage was the first thing to be done.

Then (a while later) the roof and windows were done.


Then, I decided it would be nice to have a storm door on the front door.  I love being able to have the front door open to let the sun light in!

*Ignore the dirty siding and the light next to the door.  Lights are next on my list and siding is next summer's project (just don't tell Ryan!).*

So, to keep up the theme of getting new things for the house, our oven went out last weekend.  We called around and decided to buy from Wilson's Furniture in Coulterville.  I am SO excited to have a new stove!  I have been wanting one for a while, but Ryan wouldn't give in until our old one broke.

We went from this (which is now in the new garage since the cook top still works):
To this beauty:
She even has 5 burners!!  I never thought I would be so excited about a new oven, but I guess that goes with being an adult:)

No comments:

Post a Comment